Designed for storing powdered products (such as flours, sugars, starches …) for the food and other industries, fabric silos consist of a robust galvanized or painted steel frame and a fabric container (large sack). They are normally placed inside the production facility and their size and capacity can vary from 1 tonne to 60/70 tonnes. The fabric used to make them, which has excellent antistatic properties and extremely high mechanical resistance, guarantees the safety of the stored product.
Fabric silo advantages and cost reduction benefits:
1) Storage either indoor or outdoor - requiring additional dedicated protection (such as supporting steel frame and sandwich panel walls)
2) Reduction of personnel and machinery for transporting raw materials
3) Rapid storage
4) Absence of special waste
5) Checking and weighing of loads received and stored with reduction of waste
6) Automated distribution of raw materials to the point of use in the production line
7) Simple and cost-effective to install and transport with no mechanical lifting equipment
8) Significantly lower costs compared to other types of silos (in many cases even factoring in the dedicated protection for outdoor placing).